Identify and use your leadership strengths to get the best out of you and your team.
How can you bring out the best in yourself and others?
Leadership starts with yourself, with knowing what you stand for, what your aspirations, values, motives and strengths are.
- What vision do you have regarding leadership?
- How would you like to lead?
- What are your unique strengths?
- What are your values?
- What are your performance risks?
- What are your limiting beliefs, assumptions?
- What are your unused strengths or strengths in overdrive?
- How can you get the most out of yourself and your team?
- How can you improve employee engagement?
- How do you want to be perceived as a leader, which exemplary behavior fits in with that?
- What is your “leadership brand”?
“You can’t manage others if you don’t manage yourself first” (Peter Drucker)
Without increased self-awareness you can not grow. Strengths-based Leadership Coaching and Development Programmes empowers you to become the best possible version of yourself by focusing on your strengths.
The modern strengths-based approach (based on positive psychology) to managing people recognizes that focusing on strengths is a more powerful way of accelerating learning and performance in organizations because it unlocks people’s talents, passion and energy, helping them to achieve excellence in areas more aligned with their natural strengths and personality. This approach doesn’t ignore weaker areas and other performance risks (including overdone strengths and psychological barriers). It helps you to become more effective by being more authentic.
“Leaders who use their strengths effectively and develop high performance leadership behaviours are rated as more effective.” (Strengthscope)
“The chance of someone being actively disengaged when leaders/managers play their strengths is 1 in 100.” (Gallup)
Strengthscope® is currently the only strengths assessment system with a 360degrees feedback feature and it is the only strengths assessment that has been certified by the British Psychology Society.
Research shows increasingly that using our strengths at work is more likely to lead to increased performance, positive energy, confidence and engagement. Strengths-based leadership coaching and programmes can be of great added value to positive professional development when conducted in the right context and with the right methodology such as StrengthscopeLeader. I am an accredited Strengths Coach and authorised to deliver Strengthscope®Assessments and Strengths-based Coaching & Consulting to individuals and leaders.
- Developing self-awareness, confidence and resilience
- Career development
- Organizational development and improving agility
- Building peak performing teams
- Management and leadership development
- Improving engagement, resilience and wellbeing
- Building an inclusive and positive culture
The programme consists of an online assessment, individual coachingsessions (face2face or online / zoom) and additional online resources. StrengthscopeLeader is the only dedicated strengths-based leadership profiler available in the world today.
You will discover how to inspire and empower your people to bring their best to work every day. The profiler includes:
- Analysis of your unique strengths and how these can be developed and sharpened to improve their effectiveness
- Analysis of your performance risks (including weaker areas and strengths in overdrive)
- The impact of performance risks on work performance and how these can be managed or minimized.
- Analysis of your effectiveness across critical leadership behavior/ habit areas that are essential to leadership effectiveness
- Analysis of your impact on key outcomes and identified drivers.
- Feedback from up to 18 raters on the individuals effectiveness in applying their strengths and leadership habits, managing weaker areas and delivering key outcomes for the organisation.
You will improve your effectiveness through a better understanding of your leadership strengths, risks /weaker areas, leadership behaviours and the impact of your behaviour on important organisational outcomes.
A powerful and positive 360º leadership profiler provides leaders with analysis of:
- Unique strengths and how these can be optimised
- Performance risks and the impact these have on work performance
- Effectiveness across critical behaviours / habits essential to leadership effectiveness
- Impact on key outcomes and performance drivers
StrengthscopeLeader™ analyses four leadership habits:
- Sharing Vision
- Sparking Engagement
- Skilful Executing
- Sustaining Progress
By building on strengths and optimising leadership habits, leaders deliver the following four critical outcomes and success drivers:
- Purpose – clearly understood, compelling direction and goals
- Passion – a positive, highly motivated work environment
- Process – well communicated and straightforward policies and processes to guide behaviours
- Performance – reliable delivery of planned business results
About me | Kitty Schaap MA, MSc
I am passionate about talent, career and leadership development, helping people to achieve their potential. My consulting and coaching work is anchored in positive psychology and adopts a strengths-based approach. I hold a Master’s degree in Cultural Sciences and MSc in Management with specialisation Strategic Human Resource Management and I am a certified Strengths coach (Strengthscope).
Besides a strong theoretical background I have had a varied career in HR Management and gained broad HRM and coaching experience in international fast-paced environments, some companies I worked for are Shell, Sotheby’s, Amoco BP, Sony, Merck Millipore.
Having spent many years learning how to develop and engage people in organisational settings, I am very committed to helping people achieve their potential and accelerate their performance through coaching and training. An inspiring and enthusiastic professional, no-nonsense approach, good sense of humour, analytical,empathetic, practical and performance driven.